The DMM allows you to provide different user roles such as IT-Architect, Application Manager, Domain Architect, Solution Architect, EA Program Manager, IT Manager, IT Service Manager, Data Owner, Information System Manager with their specific views to maintain their data.
Within these views you can decide what information objects, or information properties should be read, updated or deleted. This can be done via our DMM View-Designer without any coding and within minutes!
Using the DMM (Data Maintenance Module) to keep your vital Enterprise Architecture data up-to-date. By using DMM you will get the following benefits for your Enterprise Architecture (EA) Project:
- Keep your EA artifacts up-to-date and reduce the risk in making the wrong decision because of outdated underlying architectural data
- Secure your EA artifacts by assigning access rights on property level
- Increase the acceptance of your EA Project
- Reduced complexity of IT Infrastructure
- Lower Software Development, support and maintenance costs
- Flexibility to make, buy or out-source IT solutions
- Reduce Risk overall in new investments and the cost of ownership
- Increase portability of application
- Easier upgrade and exchange of system components
- Improved interopability and easier system and network management
- Maximum return on investment in existing IT infrastructure
The DMM (Data Maintenance Module) is a web applications built on top of an extensible repository. You can either use our hosted DMM or you can install DMM within your own environment.
Generic DMM Features
- Dynamically authorization through the use of authorization using Active Directory Groups (ADG), Local Groups (LG) to the DMM Power Levels
- DMM recognizes your Enterprise Architecture meta model and you can start building your views immediately
- The Multi Tennant Environment allow you better segregation of data and satisfies your security requirements
- Email Notification on changes
- Easy-to-use interface for the user who is responsible to maintain the information within your Enterprise Architecture environment
- Browser independent Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer, Safari, some mobile browsers are also supported
- DMM can be used with any modelling notation you like to use, i.e. ArchiMate, TOGAF, COBiT, NAF, DoDAF, FEAF and many more.
Features of the DMM-View Designer
- Designing a DMM-View with our intuitive web interface
- For each view you can authorize the DMM-Editors and the DMM-Administrators via ADG or LG
- Within a view you can enable all of your Enterprise Architecture artifacts to be the base object or to be a section object
- Use your tagging objects to define that data scope for the information owner
- Define the target audience in terms of which ADG, LG should be DMM-Editor, DMM-View Administrator or should get notification emails.
- You have to define the type of Editor Assignment you want to work with, i.e. Person is Application Owner, Person is IT-Service Manger. This information is taken dynamically out of your meta model.
- For each base object and section object you can define what type of access you want to grant. You can choose between Create, Read, Update, Delete (CRUD) and you can choose to use the tagging for each specific object.
- For each object, i.e Application, Interface, IT Building Block, Risks you can define which property you would like to make visible and editable for the information owner.
- Make certain properties mandatory, change the label or add some help for the user to ease his task to maintain the EA information
Features for the DMM-Editor
- Windows Authentication or Form authentication can be used to authenticate the user
- The view selector allows switching between different responsibilities, i.e. the same person is Application Owner and IT-Service Manager
- The object selector allows selecting different instances that the user is responsible to maintain
- The one-page interface shows all objects, associated objects and properties at the same time
- Field validation is supporting the user to deliver consistent data
- User defined help provides the user with detailed instructions on how each property has be maintained
- Mandatory fields gets highlighted in read only and in edit mode.
- Auto Complete allows to associate new objects without leaving the current form
- New objects can be created without leaving the current form
- All changes are stored in your central Enterprise Architecture repository
DMM for COBiT
Below a couple of impressions when using COBiT for your Enterprise Architecture project. As an example we have chosen the role of an Performance Manager who is responsible for the IT Metrics in his enterprise.
DMM for TOGAF
Below a couple of impressions when using TOGAF for your Enterprise Architecture project. As an example we have chosen the role of an Service Owner who is responsible for specific Services in his country.
Interested in a Live Demo?